Thursday, June 14, 2007

Name Britney's Next CD (If You're Willing to Pay, That Is)

With all the problems Britney Spears has had play out in the public eye recently, you'd think she'd want to keep a lower profile. You'd be wrong.

The pop tart, who seems to be having a contest with Lindsay Lohan to see who can cause themsleves the most public embarassment, has has posted a message on her Web site seeking input in another kind of competition: she's asking her "most die-hard fans" to help name her forthcoming album (read: only fans who have paid to join her fan club).

Speaking of Lohan, one of the possible titles mentioned is a joke about the red-headed time bomb: "Omg Is Like Lindsay Lohan Like Okay Like." Ironically, Spears and Lohan have the same spokeswoman, Leslie Sloane Zelnik, who, according to the Yahoo article, didn't immediately respond to a request for comment. (If I was her I'd be drowning my sorrows in a bottle of bathtub gin.)

My suggestion for Britney's new CD: "I'm an Insane Panty-Less Addict with a Habit of Dropping My Kids." Yeah, I know, it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, but at least it's truth in advertising.

1 comment:

Manisha said...

This interpretation of the whole episode has left me in splits. :-)
May be we can name her album ridiculous.