Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Kelly Clarkson: I'm Sorry (...That My CD and Tour Are Bombing)

Kelly Clarkson has posted a statement on her Web site apologizing to Clive Davis for comments she'd previously made about the legendary hitmaker and record producer. Clarkson seemed to be dismissive of Davis's talents recently... that is, until her new CD "My December" was met with lackluster sales. Her arena tour received an even more lackluster response, and low ticket sales caused Clarkson to cancel the entire tour.

Clarkson's statement said, in part, "Contrary to recent characterizations in the press, I'm well aware that Clive is one of the great record men of all time. He has been a key advisor and has been an important force in my success to date. He has also given me respect by releasing my new album when he was not obligated to do so."

This is quite a change from statements she made to USA Weekend recently, in which she said: "I'm going to be real honest with you: I'm not a fan. ... I do respect him, but I don't want to barbecue with him. We don't braid each other's hair."

I guess Clarkson was right that she isn't that close to Davis. If she'd been anywhere near him, she'd know he doesn't have enough hair left to braid.

Glad to hear that they've made up. Is that barbecue I smell?

No comments: