Thursday, January 04, 2007

Find a World of Tech News at The Tech Planet

Even for the most dedicated tech geeks, it can be hard to keep up with the latest news in all facets of computing, technology, and cool gadgets. I've recently come across a blog called The Tech Planet that strikes a nice balance of geeky and the consumer-oriented topics. What's more, it also tackles a wide range of topics--cell phones, music players, Windows, gaming, Linux, and Apple (great for me, since I'm a longtime Mac user).

As a Mac fan I headed over to that section first. There I found brief articles on how to save Quicktime movie trailers from Apple--something I'd never thought about doing before, but will check out now that I know how to do it. The piece about Apple's rumored new thin and light MacBook Pro model really got my attention, since I've been long hoping for a more portable Apple laptop.

Most of the articles are quite brief, but maybe the site is relatively new and will publish more detailed articles as it grows. If it can keep its current breadth while adding more depth, this might become one of my favorite sites for tech news.

No comments: